18.6 C
Los Angeles
Friday, August 19, 2022

1883 Fans puzzle over this detail of Elsa Dutton

"Please correct me if I'm missing something,...

She-Hulk review fiasco gets weirder

Given the systematic attacks on Marvel TV...

Major bankruptcy is about to rock the movie theater industry

Cineworld Group Plc, the parent company of...

What happened to Anton Black? A 19-year-old boy died from police brutality over racial bias

Must Read

Edward Jacob
Edward Jacob
Edward Jacob is an American entertainment journalist who graduated with a degree in Bachelor of Arts. he won major broadcast awards for covering a wide range of backgrounds. He writes for a wide range of media outlets, especially on the latest news on upcoming films and T.V shows.

The family of a black man who was 19 when he died while in police custody in Maryland in 2018 say the ‘unreal and senseless’ death of their loved one sparked racial hostility in the surrounding neighborhood.

In January 2022, a United States District Judge named Catherine Blake made the decision not to dismiss the family’s case that Black was subjected to excessive force by police.

The 27-page judgment written by Blake states that body camera video of the fatal incident does not conclusively refute family claims that Black was subjected to excessive force by officers who responded to the incident.

Dateline spent an entire year examining the circumstances surrounding Black’s murder as well as the parallels that could be drawn with Floyd’s murder. What did Anton Black think of doing? Every Friday night at 10 a.m. Eastern Standard Time, NBC airs a special feature lasting a full hour.

Deadline: What happened to Anton Black?

Anton Black died after being searched by white police officers and held for six minutes outside the home he shared with his family in rural Greensboro.

Eight months after a court decided not to dismiss the family’s claim that police used excessive force, Black’s parents decided to take action in response to the situation.

An autopsy report into Black’s death was released in 2019, two days after Maryland Governor Larry Hogan expressed displeasure with the progress of the investigation.

According to the findings of the autopsy performed by the state medical examiner, Black’s death was an accident and it is likely that his congenital heart condition, mental instability and war-induced stress contributed to his death.

However, a Johns Hopkins University cardiologist who was there during the investigation and observed the family’s case said the true cause of Black’s death was asphyxiation.

Dr. David Fowler, who was Maryland’s chief medical examiner until his retirement in 2019, was responsible for ensuring the validity and authenticity of the autopsy performed on Black.

A family friend, Christina Robinson, holds the police responsible for Black’s murder, despite knowing that many white people in the town supported the police.

19-year-old boy Anton Black died of police brutality over racial bias

On September 15, 2018, it was revealed by Dailymail.com that Anton Black died following a confrontation with Greensboro police that took place on his mother’s front porch.

“He is currently standing outside the door of his mother’s house. His one and only wish was to return home. Why do you keep ignoring him when he’s in the same room? It was reportedly told to Dateline by Antone Black, her son’s father.

After that, he continued saying, “It’s not right.” “He didn’t assault anyone,” the narrator said. He didn’t do a bank robbery, no. He was not responsible for anyone’s death.

After receiving a report that a grown man was forcibly dragging a child down the road while holding the child’s head, retired officer Thomas Webster IV was seen in body camera footage from the incident talking with the child. The incident followed a 911 call reporting that the adult male was doing so.

The young man, who was a family friend of Black, explained to the officer that the reason he was behaving uncharacteristically was that he was “schizophrenic”.

When Webster ordered Black to place his hands behind his back and arrest himself, Black responded with the words “I love you”. Black was later placed under arrest. After that, he reversed course, ran to the house he shared with his parents, then got into a car.

Black lost consciousness when Webster and two other officers, the former Ridgley Police Chief and a Centerville Police Department officer named Dennis Lannon, attempted to restrain him. Manos and Lannon were off duty when they tried to help Webster catch Black, so they couldn’t be of any use.

Where is Officer Anton Black Killer Thomas Webster now?

Thomas Webster, a former Greensboro police officer who has been charged with serious crimes and faces a civil suit, is unlikely to be currently in custody.

No one has ever been arrested or charged in connection with Anton’s death, as it was ruled that it was an accident.

The judge found that Webster had made no effort to defuse the situation or avoid responding to someone who was going through a mental health crisis when he smashed the car window and electrocuted Black. This is in accordance with Greensboro Police Department policy.

In one such incident in 2013, Thomas broke a black man’s jaw by kicking him in the face while he was being arrested. Despite dash cam video showing this, he was found not guilty.

After being charged with second-degree aggravated assault, he resigned from his post at Dover with what appeared to be no major complications and a hefty $230,000 severance package. His resignation came without major problems.

Latest News

1883 Fans puzzle over this detail of Elsa Dutton

"Please correct me if I'm missing something, but as far as I can tell her, the age doesn't...

More Articles Like This